- Beginning this week, students will be accessing Google Classroom to access the homework information, reading log, math sheet, and reading response. We understand that there may be a few hiccups using this digital format. One issue that seems to often come up (especially when using Typing Club: When using a computer at home, students need to be sure the web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.) is not already signed onto another Google account. Once students verify that the account has been signed out of, students need to apply the following format when signing into any Google App, including Google Classroom:
- Username: email@example.com
- Password (This is an example): 1234ucla
- The students are extremely excited about next week's Outdoor Science Education (10/3 - 10/5). Please check your e-mail next week for specific, departure information, a sample general schedule of the students' days and nights there, and specific car groups (in the event it is easier to coordinate students' bags/luggage with the driver (i.e., the driver is your neighbor, so no need to bring all the items to school). Here is the link to the Clothing and Equipment list, and as a reminder, lunch will be eaten at school on Wednesday 10/3 before departing for Outdoor Ed. Additionally, if your child uses an Epipen and/or medical inhaler, they should have them on their person (in their hiking bags) the entire trip. Other medication will be collected by the classroom teacher and administered according to the instructions provided (please be sure to clearly label medication and instructions in a Ziplock bag with your child's name and teacher on it).
- SCHOOL POLICIES and DRESS CODE: As a reminder, please be sure to review the school policies and especially the dress code for students. Below is what is outlined about the dress code
- Dress Code
- Students must dress in a way that is safe and conducive to learning. To that end Cove has the following expectations:
- No flip-flops
- No spaghetti straps
- No profanity or inappropriate pictures/words on clothing
- Reserve hats or hoods for outside only
- If a student is wearing something inappropriate violates the dress code, we work to preserve the dignity of the child and discretely remedy the situation, involving parents as needed.
- Dress Code
Dear Room 9.10 Families, thank you to those of you who have already signed up for conferences. For those of you who have not, please be sure to sign up and make sure your child is available to lead the conference during your selected time slot. Below you will find information on our new homework format using Google Classroom, Outdoor Science Education next week, and a reminder about the Cove School dress code.
Please access and print the forms and information on the 5th Grade Outdoor Science Education by clicking on the images below. If you are unable to print the forms please contact us and we will provide you with a hard copy. The forms are due on September 7th.